Skip to main content

New Year

Hello!

It has been a busy start to 2019.

I had a short extension to my winter break with the unexpected passing of my grandmother. Mam (as I affectionately refer to her) passed just before the New Year. She was an incredible power house woman and I owe much of who I am to her.


Fortunately, I was able to attend the services and Vicki, Tia Ross, Ms. Hemingway, Mrs. Bahr and Mrs. Keller helped keep our class going. I am happy to report that we are now up and running at full gear, enjoying every moment together and back to our regular blog/insta/parent letters.

Lots of fun amazing things are happening in K right now. Today we started a project with Mr. Bouchard learning how to code! We have started with welcoming him into our class during math time working towards a culminating event where we program robots down in his enrichment room.



Over the past two weeks we have also made two new classroom books. At the end of January our school is participating in the kindness challenge! We decided to make a book all about kindness. This week we read the book it looked like spilt milk and spilt some milk (paint) of our own! Friends saw a fairy, elephant, lioness and more! It is a wonderful addition to our classroom library.

Next week starts our SNOW MOTION WEDNESDAYS! We will be up at Cochran Mountain for two hours. Please make sure friends come to school with WARM LAYERS! We are so excited to get on the mountain!

As of today we have been in school 83 days! WOW! That means our 100th day is fast approaching. We will have an in class celebration celebrating 100 days of learning together. (More info to come!)

On Thursday the 24th I will be sending out another classroom volunteer sign up. Please indicate your top three choices like last time. Again if none of the days/times work for you please just email me and we can figure something out.

Thank you for your understanding and support during this difficult time. I hope that you take the time to share with the special people in your life just how much you love them. Each day is a gift and I am reminded now more than ever how wonderful it is to share love with fourteen incredible tiny humans.

I wish you well.
Love,
Miss Brehm 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day TWO!

Day two is truly wonderful! We have so much fun together! Today we started working on our first classroom book and WOW it's going to be AMAZING! So many beautiful illustrators and creative thinkers in this class. Also today we completed our first of many Math and Writing rotations. It's been a busy busy busy day! Now to the fun stuff. It's always said that pictures speak much louder than words and I agree 100%. So here are the pictures from our magnificent day TWO! Right after lunch we went outside to explore our school garden with Nurse Amy! We picked marigold seeds which we are going to plant in our classroom! Check out all the fun we had!  It was a busy day indeed, but so much fun! I can't wait for tomorrow! Love, Miss Brehm

In honor of my momma, Katrina Brehm, I am running a marathon. Crazy, I know. I got it from her. In Mom’s memory, my goal is to raise enough money to send a child to @camptakumta ! Please take a moment to check out the link in my bio and if you’re able to, give any amount. Thank you ☀️

via Instagram