Skip to main content

BOOKS! BOOKS! BOOKS!

Today is a special day! Each student is taking home their own leveled book! (Found in the Thursday Folders!) They can keep these books for the rest of the school year and return at the end of the year, or they can return the book once they feel it has been mastered. I read the book with each student individually, they practiced reading it to a friend and then throughout the day they were offered a chance to read it to the whole class! Some readers chose to read in front of the class and others did not. Please encourage your student to read this book to you many times. Focus on 1:1 correspondence pointing under each word as it is read. I will try to send books home as often as possible!






Love,
Miss Brehm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day TWO!

Day two is truly wonderful! We have so much fun together! Today we started working on our first classroom book and WOW it's going to be AMAZING! So many beautiful illustrators and creative thinkers in this class. Also today we completed our first of many Math and Writing rotations. It's been a busy busy busy day! Now to the fun stuff. It's always said that pictures speak much louder than words and I agree 100%. So here are the pictures from our magnificent day TWO! Right after lunch we went outside to explore our school garden with Nurse Amy! We picked marigold seeds which we are going to plant in our classroom! Check out all the fun we had!  It was a busy day indeed, but so much fun! I can't wait for tomorrow! Love, Miss Brehm

In honor of my momma, Katrina Brehm, I am running a marathon. Crazy, I know. I got it from her. In Mom’s memory, my goal is to raise enough money to send a child to @camptakumta ! Please take a moment to check out the link in my bio and if you’re able to, give any amount. Thank you ☀️

via Instagram