Skip to main content

Only One You

Wednesday was wonderful getting to know each and everyone of you! I am so excited to embark on a fabulous year with you! I know it will be great! While we were together we shared in our 'Cookie Jar Greeting', then I shared one of my favorite stories Only One You written by Linda Kranz.

This book is about a little fish who is going out into the great big world, but before he can do that he needs to listen to some great advice his mom and dad want to share. Before Adri, the son, swims away he tells his parents that he will remember everything he learned. His mom kissed him and said "There's only one you in this great big world, (m)ake it a better place." Once we finished reading we talked about how we could do that and how each and everyone of us is special in our own way! Each student received a fish that he/she could color however he/she wished. This was a great time to talk and learn more about one another. At the end we said goodbye, everyone excited for next wednesday! 
I placed the fish on our bulletin board. So that we are reminded throughout the first weeks of school that we are special and that everyone can make a difference! It was a great way to kick off the beginning of the year!

Hope you are all enjoying your last few days of summer and staying cool!

Love
Miss Brehm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day TWO!

Day two is truly wonderful! We have so much fun together! Today we started working on our first classroom book and WOW it's going to be AMAZING! So many beautiful illustrators and creative thinkers in this class. Also today we completed our first of many Math and Writing rotations. It's been a busy busy busy day! Now to the fun stuff. It's always said that pictures speak much louder than words and I agree 100%. So here are the pictures from our magnificent day TWO! Right after lunch we went outside to explore our school garden with Nurse Amy! We picked marigold seeds which we are going to plant in our classroom! Check out all the fun we had!  It was a busy day indeed, but so much fun! I can't wait for tomorrow! Love, Miss Brehm

In honor of my momma, Katrina Brehm, I am running a marathon. Crazy, I know. I got it from her. In Mom’s memory, my goal is to raise enough money to send a child to @camptakumta ! Please take a moment to check out the link in my bio and if you’re able to, give any amount. Thank you ☀️

via Instagram